The Specific objective of the action is to ensure equitable access of Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian children to pre-primary, primary and secondary education by improving enrolment, retention and attainment of children through community-based and financial support.
The overall objective of the EU-SIMRAES 2 action is to support the Kosovo government in developing democratic and multi-ethnic society by implementing the Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian Strategy and its Action Plan.
1. 1. Support operation of 10 learning centers
1. 2. Conduct awareness raising of Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian parents to register and enrol children on time
1. 3. Provide logistical support to children from Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian communities to attend pre-primary education
1. 4. Provide individual mentoring and homework assistance to school-aged and returnee children
1. 5. Organize anti-bias training for teachers and parents and provide mentoring/coaching for ensuring application of acquired competencies.
1. 6. Organize local events to facilitate better integration of Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian children at school level
2. 1. Provide support for enrolment of Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian children in upper secondary education
2. 2. Set up a scholarship program for Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian upper secondary students
2. 3. Provide mentorship to Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian scholarship beneficiaries
3. 1. Establish and launch an informal network of CSOs working on improvement of education opportunities for Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian communities
3. 2. Facilitate communication among network members and dissemination of information
3. 3. Develop a cooperation strategy for the Network
3. 4. Provide professional development opportunities to Network members to improve their services and advocacy skills